In line with this guide, as provided in the general planning document 2021-
2024, the Cottolengo Center aims, in the next three years, to the strengthening of the autonomy of 14 boys and 9 girls in order to offer royals job and accommodation opportunities for the gradual social reintegration.
Next Step Project
The project “Next Step” predicts, once the permanence of these young people within the Center, their gradual social integration and cheap, so that they can achieve a certain autonomy and stability of life, thus succeeding in affirming itself, with the their resources and possibilities in society.
The actions of the “Next Step” Project
The main activities proposed to achieve the overall goal are identification oriented. The implementation of personal and economic growth is based
on the characteristics of each young person. To achieve this, we provide:
- Moral support to promote personal growth and achievement of one’s life path.
- Support for the completion of studies and professional courses
- Support access to services and citizens rights, such as identity documents, electoral card, health insurance, etc.
- Allocate pocket money to learn how to manage money alone and learn the importance of money.
- Support autonomous housing solution.
- Support for creating a business plan for boys, who will have a clear idea of the activity they would like to undertake to achieve economic security.
The expected results
At the end of the 3 years of the project, aim to;
- Create awareness of the rights and duties of citizens.
- Create a network of contacts for each young person, even with people working in other non-profit organizations, to become an active part of the company.
- Achieve economic independence, ensure housing autonomy, and increase the level of professional training.
Volunteers are a great resource, a gift that we always welcome with joy and gratitude, there are many possibilities of service especially in the reality of the Cottolengo Centre.
The presence of the volunteer can be well enhanced to follow the daily activities of the children.
Could you help us make our dream come true? You can give through mobile money, a cheque or a bank deposit. You can also visit our missions for a cash donation.
We welcome distance adoption.
Helped the Sick
To our valued partners, we thank you for standing with us, receive our sincere gratitude.
Become a Volunteer
We welcome volunteers from all parts of the world. If you wish to be one of our volunteers, we request you to send us your details before for better arrangement. We work in education, social works, and healthy centres, children’s home and pastoral.